The holiday season brings memories of our mothers and grandmothers. Food, gifts, traditions, women are the center of many families' holiday times. At this time, do we also remember our female spiritual lineage? If you have moved beyond you family's religious, spiritual or cultural traditions, who has inspired you as a woman along your spiritual path?
While we remember and honor our role models and heroines from our earlier years, often heroines from afar, as we reach a "certain time of life" many times our inspiration and perspective shifts. We begin to appreciate women who had a positive impact on us, even if we did not recognize it at the time. They may include our mothers, grandmothers, aunts, impactful teachers, family friends, friend's mothers, or a woman in our family line from a few generations in the past. They are the women, who when we look back, give us inspiration, courage, helped us see ourselves beyond our immediate family role and identity, and helped point us in the way of our own spiritual path in life. These are the women we will remember and honor during this month's Sophia Women's Circle.
QUESTIONS FOR OUR CIRCLE:
1) Who are your inspirations for spiritually evolving women? Who do you consider your spiritual foremothers?
2) Do you claim any spiritual foremothers now, that you did not recognize as a child?
3) If you could be in contact with any of your women ancestors for spiritual nurture, whom would you choose? How has she strengthened and impacted your life?
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Our monthly circles are held via zoom line for all members of The Sophia Women's Circle. To participate, you must be a member of The Sophia Women's Circle. If this is your first time to participate with us, there is a 2-step process to do so.
STEP 1) Save your spot by requesting your free ticket for this event. This puts you on the list to receive communication from us, INCLUDING THE ZOOM LINE CALL-IN DETAILS.
Claim your free ticket here.
STEP 2) Once you have requested your free ticket, request to join the Sophia Women's Circle on Facebook. We are a closed FB group, so you can find us. You MUST answer the questions when you request to join. Tell us you have claimed your spot for this circle, and a little about your interest in joining The Sophia Women's Circle. This helps us begin to get to know you and how our circle can bless you.
YOU ONLY NEED TO FOLLOW THIS 2-STEP PROCESS ONE TIME. ONCE YOU ARE IN THE SOPHIA WOMEN'S CIRCLE, YOU WILL BE INVITED AND SEE EVENT INFORMATION POSTED INSIDE THE FACEBOOK GROUP.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE CIRCLE:
1) Select one of your spiritual foremothers to introduce to the group, and and how you came to connect with her legacy. We will be inviting her into the circle.
2) Bring a photo of her if you have one.
3) Also, please bring something she has given you, or something to symbolize a gift, strength, ability, etc. she has given you. We will be placing these on our virtual alter.
WHAT TO BRING:
1) Your talking piece
3) Writing materials
4) A white candle to light as we open our circle.
1) Please join our zoom call 5 - 10 minutes early, so we can have a few minutes of visiting before we start our circle at the top of the hour.
2) Join our circle from a quiet space, where you can be free from interruptions. This is time for you!
3) Have your family members and pets otherwise provided for.
4) If you must step away from the circle for any reason during our circle time, please put yourself on mute, to minimize the disruption for others.
Reach out to me at teamsophia@fFeminineSpiritualPower.com.